The 2018, Industry Transformation Roadmap Development for the Interior Design Industry in Singapore, commissioned by Design Singapore Council, identified the need for industry regulation to uphold the level of the Interior Design professionalism, helping to validate the Industry at the Global Stage.
The Singapore Interior Design Accreditation Scheme was subsequently developed to elevate the Singapore Interior Design profession by defining core skill sets and competencies to bridge the gap between education and practice.
The scheme together with Interior Design best practices will help ensure high standards across Singapore.
Coupled with Continuing Professional Development (CPD), practitioners would have the opportunity to upskill, build capacity and eventually export their skills overseas.
IMPORTANCE OF EMBARKING ON THE
INTERIOR DESIGN ACCREDITATION
THE JOURNEY TOWARDS PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION
- A Singapore's national level industry accreditation framework which defines the level of proficiency for the practicing interior designers in the country.
- It enable the interior designers to be constantly kept abreast on the latest industry knowledge and skillsets to possess the necessary knowhow in exercising the profession in tandem with the changing ID landscape.
- It levels up the industry profession and image hence attracting and retaining talents.
- It allows end users of ID services to better assess and qualify the IDs before engagement.
- A possible tender requirement in time to come by developers and end customers.
- It creates opportunities for the IDs to extend their services to overseas markets when the accreditation framework is cross recognised by countries and regions which have accreditation in place.